Sleeping.....

discuss symptoms related to arms, legs, torso and neck; solutions and what works for you

Moderators: marieke, jlubin

Sleeping.....

Postby timu » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:37 am

Sleeping.....
I cannot sleep without socks and some type of long pjs because stimulus of moving in bed and sheets rubbing drives me crazy [that is why I need the Zolpidem]. I start to wake up by 3,4,or 5 every night and then just sleep very lightly. Now that I think about it maybe tights would help. I have seen these "tents" or sheet/blanket risers that keep the sheet off you feet and considered that as well.
Anyone else have similar sleep problems?
Any suggestions?.
Tim
Still adapting
timu

Re: Sleeping.....

Postby May » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:16 pm

Hi Tim: I had the same issue but it gradually resolved itself. When the sheets touched my legs, they felt really coarse. I used to prop the top sheet up by placing two pillows on either side of my legs, forming a kind of tent. Maybe you could try that.

Now that I think of it it was the movement of the sheet against my legs that bothered me. Clothing didn't have the same effect. I think the weird sheet sensation went away after six months or so. I know I didn't have this issue in the beginning, so I figure it was part of the recovery process as the sensation came back to my legs but the sensory neurons were still a bit mixed up.
Diagnosed with TM 09/05/2008
May

Postby Bluestarz18 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:45 am

I'm not alone I'm the same way!!!!!
Bluestarz18

Postby stardis » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:08 am

I'm having a hard time sleeping too. I have found that wearing knee socks and leggings help but leave my big toe feeling like it's on fire.
stardis

Return to Muscle Spasms, weakness or paralysis