News about Dr Kerr and the TM Centers

Talk about whatever doesn't fit in other topics.

Moderators: marieke, jlubin

News about Dr Kerr and the TM Centers

Postby jlubin » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:05 am

Dr. Douglas Kerr, the founder of the first center focused on clinical management and research of transverse myelitis (TM), will be leaving Johns Hopkins for a position at a biotech company in the Boston area, where he hopes to advance the development of therapies for neurologic disorders, including multiple sclerosis (MS) and TM. Dr. Kerr will continue to serve on the Medical Advisory Board of The Transverse Myelitis Association and he will likely begin seeing patients in the Boston area in mid 2010. Dr. Kerr will also continue to be involved with the Johns Hopkins Project RESTORE, as well as collaborate with the TM and NMO Center at the University of Texas Southwestern, headed by Dr. Benjamin Greenberg. The stem cell research project for TM and MS, the high dose cyclophosphamide treatment program in MS and the functional electrical stimulation clinical trial for secondary progressive MS will all continue at the Johns Hopkins Project RESTORE.

The Johns Hopkins TM Center that was established by Dr. Douglas Kerr at Johns Hopkins will continue to be a focus for research on this disorder and will provide clinical care to both children and adults with TM. Dr. Carlos Pardo will become the new Director of the Johns Hopkins TM Center. Dr. Pardo has been a clinician and researcher at the TM Center since its inception. Dr. Pardo has provided exceptional care to people with TM and has been very active in the TMA community, including as a regular participant in our symposia and as a researcher with Project RESTORE. Along with Dr. Pardo, Dr. Michael Levy will continue his effort focusing on the clinical and research studies on the recurrent forms of these rare neuroimmunologic disorders, such as recurrent TM, recurrent optic neuritis (ON) and longitudinally extensive TM. Dr. Levy also established the NMO Clinic as part of the TM Center at Johns Hopkins in 2009. Dr. Daniel Becker, a neurologist at the Kennedy Krieger Institute who has been caring for children and adults with transverse myelitis, ADEM and NMO at the International Center for Spinal Cord Injury, will continue a very close collaboration with the JH-TM Center with his expertise in neurorehabilitation. Dr. Julius Birnbaum, a neurologist and expert on rheumatological disorders will continue his practice at the JH-TM Center with special clinical and research focus on the underlying rheumatic conditions associated with TM.

The Johns Hopkins TM Center in Baltimore (Maryland) and the newly established TM and NMO Center at the University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas (Texas) will become the axis of a network of TM Centers around the country for facilitating the care and research on TM.
jlubin
Site Admin

Re: News about Dr Kerr and the TM Centers

Postby shane324 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:40 pm

I am very lucky to live near Dallas and see Dr. Greenberg. He personally replies to email and has been huge in my recovery.
shane324

Postby azdudley » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:23 pm

that is so nice to hear about dr. greenberg. I have an appt. with him in january and I am looking forward to it. I was at the pt. session in la for nmo and he was there. such a nice person I thought. anita
anita
azdudley

Postby Tony » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 am

jlubin, I've been following Kerr and his John Hopkins activites. Dr Young of Rutgers and the initiater of human trials in China, speaks very reverently about Dr Kerr. My question is; do you know what therapies will be initiated and when for chronic tm conditions or spinal cord issues and when? It appears that Biogen is an aggressive company and is looking for new endeavors which Kerr could initiate. I'm looking to cut thru the red tape and find what exactly he is doing and when.

Thanks,
T.J.
I'm doing the best I can.
Tony

Postby Tony » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:12 pm

jlubin; what do you know or see on Dr. Kerr's arrival at Biogen? Do you see or know of any human therapies now or in the future for tm conditions. Thanks in advance.
Tony

Postby Tony » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:10 pm

Does anybody know of Dr Kerr's most recent accomplishments in research for tm and /ordoes anybody know of his research at his new postion at Biogen?
Tony

Postby lkbyron » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:09 pm

I would love to get an appointment with Dr. Kerr. I saw Dr. Greenberg at John Hopkins but he left and then saw Dr. Ratchford.
lkbyron

Postby sdu4 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:08 am

shane324 wrote:I am very lucky to live near Dallas and see Dr. Greenberg. He personally replies to email and has been huge in my recovery.

Shane -- can you share with us just what Dr. Greenberg has done or prescribed for you? Are you on the typical meds we all are on or is he trying something different? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance -- Sandy
sdu4

Postby irshrose13 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:04 am

I didn't know until today that Dr. Kerr left John's Hopkins, and I have had TM since 1997 & began going to Dr. Kerr in 2000. He has helped me tremedously, and I feel so lost without him there to e-mail to and get a quick reply. Can anyone tell me how to get in touch with him, and get on his schedule when he does start seeing patients again?

Thanks
irshrose13

Postby jmaygers » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:20 am

Dr. Kerr is now working in industry, not seeing patients. Please call the TM Center at Hopkins and they will schedule you with one of his colleagues, who are equally great to work with and trained with him. You should have received a letter if you had seen him in the last year or so.
Joyce
jmaygers

Postby Tony » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:50 pm

Irishrose, I am aware of Dr Kerr's leaving Johns Hopkins. As you know he has gone to private industry (Biogen). Evidently, he will be pursuing treatments for tm and is witha very credible and aggressive company. Let's hope he can do things he might have been restrained from doing at Johns Hopkins. According to Dr Wise Young of CArecure froum. Dr Kerr is commited to forwarding on therapy's to improve the lives of us who have tm. Let's keep a close eye on Biogen and all of Dr Kerr's actions

T.J.
Tony

Postby sarahalexander » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:12 am

I am a new patient to TM. I became sick on January 28th of this year. I am interested in seeing a doctor in Dallas or Ohio. Do you know how to get an appointment in the John Hopkins Clinic?
sarahalexander

Postby Rox » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:18 am

Rox

Postby ann » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:31 am

Thanks Rox for this very good info.

Take care
ann
ann

russian mature women

Postby Keithram » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:49 pm

arrive your actual very euro gentleman attached to Free online dating sites

have always been online dating services necessitate disbursement to sign up with. you may find breathtaking web pages which in turn provide reliability, russian mail order consistency also attractive guys. avoid being ashamed to confess ideally you should meet hot folk on account that everybody wants to meet up with other individuals. it has our individual disposition for you to become social, as well as during this process, You hire a company you are able to spend your entire life, you previously lucky.

you can also like to know that finding a woman whom won't be a united states. backyard websites but a few surely have trusty to kindness more or less ruskies moms prepared meet orlando u. s,national men. rewards going to a euro dating site world wide web must be a large amount of, since european sweetheart folks should try to be frank rather than coverings at the rear a cloak of deceit.

of course, is an excellent making friends utilizing on the whole russian ladies rrs incredibly fascinating. or perhaps come across a gallery because of ruskies young women in an online site? simply because currently being beauty matchup. have this particular angelic destination that it is also hot and thus intoxicating. undoubtedly go on the internet give it a try. euro moms are not the matronly teens it is a thing of the past.

as a substitute for as a result along with regards to was still being known as the Soviet organization, ended up being cute demanding principles information about russian date fraternizing that has people from other countries, but we are not happy or perhaps even encountered with developing european the ladies.

here joining trivia pertaining to fantastic european adult females:

did you realize Ukraine the women are thought to be one of many faithful in the ominous landscape? is usually in spite of the fact that of a fourth of the Ukraine husbands say to be able to unfaithful at least one time inside partnership.

plus more ruskies gals besides people that means there is simply a ratio lopsided. this will be great for guys beyond different areas severe social european female

It might be at age 18 that a russian young lady will usually receive single by law, nevertheless on particular predicaments, what the law states offers young females regarding 16 and also 17 for you to become wed. this simply means if you think someone up from spain, in addition love her by using an online collaboration, you can visit the woman's of paris of course, if jane is 18, enquire your woman's to actually get married you and your family.

believe going surfing and making new friends with females from the italy. You won't should a verbal filter since the majority russian woman recognise a sheet of the english language, And it is always good whenever you brushed very on a few russian expressions.
Keithram

Return to General Discussion