Vibrations

discuss symptoms related to arms, legs, torso and neck; solutions and what works for you

Moderators: marieke, jlubin

Vibrations

Postby othy180 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:05 pm

I looked around a little before posting because I thought I remembered someone else having this issue before, but perhaps I was wrong...

Anyway, the last two days I have had a new sensation in my right foot. It feels as if a tuning fork is being held against the side of my foot (specifically near my heel). I know what this feels like, as do all of us, I'm sure, because I have all to frequently had a neurologist test my sensation by doing this.

Some more info. It doesn't hurt, it comes randomly, I generally feel it for about thirty seconds (from the onset of the sensation to when it slowly fades away-- it's EXACTLY as if there is a tuning fork being held against my foot... it slowly gets softer and less noticeable) and it's only in my right foot.

I'm not too concerned; as I said, it doesn't hurt. More than anything I am just curious if there is a name for this or what the cause of it is.

Thanks for any info that you may have!
-Tim
othy180

Re: Vibrations

Postby Shirley » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Vibrations, thats how my Neuro discribed it to me. I get them in my feet also on occasion. It just another neuropathic pain, altho it never pains me, it only lasts a minute or so.
Keep well

Shirley

TM since 2003 - 90% recovered
Shirley
Site Moderator

Postby StormyRenee » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:52 am

I get it in my back/spine and in my face. Sometimes it feels like my teeth are vibrating .It only lasts a few minutes and feels very odd..But it seems everything about TM is odd. :)
Take Care, Theresa.
That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Nietzsche
Diagnosed With TM 7/1/09
TM since January 2009
StormyRenee

Postby Jo Ike » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:55 am

I call them vibrations also. I have them in random areas, but especially in my right foot. I refer to this as a cell phone ringing in my foot on Vibrate mode. (that's how I explained to the doc anyway)

Joanne
Jo Ike

Postby othy180 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:53 am

Did your Md say anything about them? I'm assuming they are of no concern, but I just want to make sure...

Is it weird that, almost five years after my attack, I have just recently developed this "symptom"?
othy180

Postby Shirley » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:24 pm

Orthy, I developed other Neuropathic pain (the burning pain) on my back, this prompted my Neuro to order another MRI which showed no further de-myelination and the original lesion had completely healed. The lumbar puncture I had also showed nothing untoward. I put these pains and weird crawley type feelings as a residual of the original attack.

Have a great day
Keep well

Shirley

TM since 2003 - 90% recovered
Shirley
Site Moderator

Postby djoseph » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:20 am

yep, I have that buzzing feeling in my right thigh from time to time - I used to carry my cell phone in that pocket, but the buzzing was much like the phone in "vibrate mode" and it got frustrating; on the one hand, I couldn't often feel the phone buzz; on the other hand, I would feel that buzz, and it wasn't my phone.
djoseph

Postby Jo Ike » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:31 am

othy,

I never got to see the MD at the ms clinic last time, I saw his physician asst.

She asked if I also get the vibration/shock down my spine when this happens & it doesn't always happen. I do get the shocks/vibes often when I bend my head/neck through my extremities & I saw in my doc's notes one time that I do have L'hermittes sign/syndrome. many MS patients have this, but at the same time you can get it from arthritis/radiculopathies in your spine.

I still think it's from the Tm though. I have to make another appt at the ms clinic, they had to cancel on me last time. For some reason they see me every 4 - 6 months, ms was never totally ruled out as I also have brain lesions.

I wouldn't worry about it though, maybe just bring it up at your next doc appt or schedule one sooner if it is really bothering you.

Joanne
Jo Ike

Postby navydad » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:58 am

I get the same thing from my cell phone,, I never knew if it was my phone or my leg in vibrate mode
navydad

Postby still standing » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:46 pm

OMG - I keep reading and reading symptoms that I have. Yep, vibrations - got it :| I know it's not my cell phone, but I don't always know it's a vibration........ so I look down at my right leg, to see just what it is..... and usually it's me and my good, good, good vibrations!!!! =)) Gotta laugh at myself sometimes and be thankful, 'cause I'M STILL STANDING!
still standing

Postby ziggy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:59 am

My "vibrations" are a little different. Even after 8 yrs I still have the weird vibration or buzz of Lehrmitte's that travels down my back and legs when bending my head down. I also get weird burning, numbness and tingling sensations in different areas of my legs (and which are always changing) as well as cramps in my feet.

The weirdest vibrations are the ones in my chest especially when it's been a while since I took some klonopin. It started when I had my TM espisode 8 yrs ago and it feels like all the tiny molecules in my chest are vibrating rapidly. No idea what that's about.
ziggy

Postby still standing » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:22 am

[color=#4080BF][color=#4080BF]Yes, I get cramping in my leg muscles, feet and toes; usually when I'm very relaxed sitting watching TV, on this here laptop, and sleeping. What do you guys take or do or whatever? STILL STANDING
still standing

Postby Sew » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:22 pm

The cramping is what I refer to as spasms. I take Baclofen for the spasms during the day. At night I also add Zanaflex.

Heather in Calgary
When given lemons, make lemonade!
Heather in Calgary
Keep smiling :)
TM since Sept. 06, 2003
Sew
Site Moderator

Postby John H. » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:45 am

djoseph wrote:yep, I have that buzzing feeling in my right thigh from time to time - I used to carry my cell phone in that pocket, but the buzzing was much like the phone in "vibrate mode" and it got frustrating; on the one hand, I couldn't often feel the phone buzz; on the other hand, I would feel that buzz, and it wasn't my phone.

Wow,this is the exact thing that happens to me,,right thigh.See there is same things with TM people. 2 time tm t6-t7 15 yr period John H.
John H.

Postby JulieJ » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:29 pm

I get this also. I jave had it since my first onset of TM in 2006 and it's much worse now since my last attack. It is exactly how you describe it though, like a tuning fork is being held against that area. Some days it's worse than others, but mostly only last a few seconds at most.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbuster
JulieJ

Next

Return to Muscle Spasms, weakness or paralysis