chiroptactic treatments

discuss symptoms related to arms, legs, torso and neck; solutions and what works for you

Moderators: marieke, jlubin

chiroptactic treatments

Postby MaryKatherine » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:08 pm

Just wondering if anyone has had any improvements in pain and stiffness with chiropractic treatments. People are suggesting this to my husband, but we are not sure if it is safe to try. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
MaryKatherine

Re: chiroptactic treatments

Postby marieblond » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:26 am

it helps if you have extra problems with your bones.... I asked for akkupuncture but my neurolgist says NO, because I have a paraplegia with the ability to go again. my feet feel only a little bit and I want to improve but the nerves must grow if there is a chance in this long field of cicatrices...

if somebody has good experiences with american chiropractique pls leave me a personal notice!!!
That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche
marieblond

Postby marieke » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:58 pm

marie,
There is no reason why you can't have accupuncture, it will not cause TM to attack again, nor do the needles go anywhere near your spine. I am not sure why your neuro is under the impression that it would be bad.

Now for Chiropractic treatments I would be more weary. Only do it if they do not use spine manipulation, and use other devices that they use.
Marieke RN (TM at T1 March 18, 2004 @ age 28 )
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com/
marieke
Site Admin

Postby Andi75 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:55 pm

I've had luck with NUCCA treatments and would suggest finding a doc that does this. There is no manipulation/cracking of the spine. It helped with my lower back pain. My physiatrist and drugs couldn't offer any help when it came to the stabbing back pain.
Andi75

Postby marieblond » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:04 am

in this field I organized a change in that way, that I make stretching and and some special training in gym and my PT is at the moment the massage as soccers or other athlets have. every fibre of muscles in the spastic legs, back and bottom is found and will "separated". I found a complete new feeling in these stiff legs. why so late?? in rehab everybody wanted me move without interest of my own feeling. she has to move - especially to her job as soon as possible. but what did it bring? I was fired of course because of global crisis /was in a sales dept. .../... now I try to create the chance for a home-office job. so I can rest when it is usefull and not when the company says.

because I don´t know the method you speak about, I want you to describe it. thanx in advance.
Friedrich Nietzsche
marieblond

Postby marieblond » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:56 am

question in this matter: can chiropractic appl be dangerous for sb.

several times my vertebrae were set by orthopedist or physiotherapist because of heavy pain in the range where now is to be found my TM traces. could this be seen as a trigger of desease or was it the desease already?

who have similar experience?
Friedrich Nietzsche
marieblond

Postby marieke » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:34 am

No, chiropractic treatment can't give you TM, but some people do get paralysis from a badly done treatment where the spinal cord gets injured.

I would suggest that if you do go to a chiropractor don't let them do manual manipulations if you are worried, but only get the treatments where they don't "crack" your vertebrae, or do the treatments where they use machines (Activator) instead.
marieke
Site Admin

Postby marieblond » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:13 am

pls tell me more on such machines, I cannot imagine!
Friedrich Nietzsche
marieblond

Postby marieke » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:12 am

I don't know much about them. I have never been, but have friends who have and have had the Activator Method as opposed to "cracking" the spine.
http://www.activator.com/actMethods.asp
marieke
Site Admin

Postby marieblond » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:47 am

oh, I can remember a treatment of a chiropractique a gentilly near trois rivière - when I was to canada for half a year. I had "vertige"(??) because of trouble with C5+6 and I had 12 dates there. He used this device.... yes, this can help to correct blockades of the vertebrae. My "vertige" /dizziness disappeared. thank goodness I had made such an insurance for students at uqtr for learning french for one trimester. the language was très difficile for me, but the insurance was super for paying the doc!!! ;;)
Friedrich Nietzsche
marieblond

Return to Muscle Spasms, weakness or paralysis