New nerve damage to other parts of body?

discuss symptoms related to arms, legs, torso and neck; solutions and what works for you

Moderators: marieke, jlubin

New nerve damage to other parts of body?

Postby tiffy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:33 pm

Has anyone ever developed new nerve damage to the parts of body not affected by TM. My TM damage starts at my abdomen and goes to my toes. My upper chest, arms, face are not affected, until. Just this week I began having a burning and hurting sensation on the left side of my face. The burning etc.. travels from the top of my head to my upper lip only on the left side. Have seen Dr. could be shingles or imflammed trigeminal nerve. I don't have the rash associated with shingles, but still not sure. Increased dosage of tegretol and also taking medicine for shingles. Any thoughts??
Tiffiany
tm since 2007
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass... but about learning how to dance in the rain!
tiffy

Re: New nerve damage to other parts of body?

Postby Shirley » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi Tiffy,
My attack was 9yrs ago, no relapses but have suffered bouts of Trigeminal Neuralgia before and since, although the Gabapentin seems to keep it at bay. I was on Tegretol but it spaced me out too much. I can sympathize with you, the pain is debillitating, did you know it's commonly called 'the suicide pain' in the circle of ppl with this awful complaint. My neurologist told me it can be a symptom of MS, although all the tests I had came back negative.

Take Care
Keep well

Shirley

TM since 2003 - 90% recovered
Shirley
Site Moderator

Return to Muscle Spasms, weakness or paralysis