Proprioception.....

discuss symptoms related to arms, legs, torso and neck; solutions and what works for you

Moderators: marieke, jlubin

Re: Proprioception.....

Postby PeteVickers » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:04 am

Thanks Tim, I'll give those exercises a try! Yes, I'm pleased to have got to where I am today - from completely paralysed from ribcage down (except I could just wiggle my left big toe). I can remember the PT in the hospital trying to get me to my feet first time and it felt like standing on marshmallow with the left leg, and I couldn't sense the right leg at all.

I don't have pain as a real problem - I'm on 3x300 gabapentin a day. But I've still got a very numb saddle area, and feeling in both legs is very patchy - I can feel a light touch in most places but it feels more like a distant tingle. It's always been difficult to explain what I'm feeling to anybody who asks!!!

I can stand unsupported for a while as long as I stand completely still, so the Wii balance board causes me some problems, but I'll work harder at that.

Keep up the good fight! - never, ever, give in!
Peter
PeteVickers

Re: Proprioception.....

Postby marieblond » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:01 am

saddle area is numb as well. and my doc expects that this will remain. that is why I have a special chair with moving seating. http://www.hag-gmbh.de/products/office_chairs/13.cms

this helps a lot in working day. ..

I hope you will be better soon!!! ;;)
That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche
marieblond

Previous

Return to Muscle Spasms, weakness or paralysis