Eye Twitches/Spasms

discuss symptoms related to arms, legs, torso and neck; solutions and what works for you

Moderators: marieke, jlubin

Eye Twitches/Spasms

Postby emilys » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:52 am

Has anyone had eye twitches or eye spasms with TM? I was diagnosed w/ TM in February 2009. Since March 2009 I've had a ton of muscle spasms. With the help of Zanaflex, Baclofen, and Neurontin, I'm having 10 or less spasms a day (for a while it was 50+ a day). My spasms have always been in my left arm/shoulder and last about a minute. I've never had any facial involvement w/ my TM. My spinal cord inflamation was C3-C6. All of my strange sensations have been on my left side only. So, for 3 days I've had this eye twitch/spasm in my left eye. It makes my whole eye jitter and effects my vision since my eye is jumping. Any thoughts on this?
emilys

Re: Eye Twitches/Spasms

Postby marieke » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:31 pm

Your eye itself is twitching? Or the eyelid?
If it is your eyelid then no, not related to TM but related to fatigue or anxiety.
If it is your eyeball itself you should go see a neuro-opthamologist perhaps and see if they can help pinpoint what is happening.
Could be nystagmus too, which can be benign (meaning "nothing") or can be due to various other disorders and even medication side-effects.
Maybe also a new brain MRI and EEG to see if it is seizure activity.
Marieke RN (TM at T1 March 18, 2004 @ age 28 )
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com/
marieke
Site Admin

Postby Kewanee » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:34 am

If it is in your lids it may be Myokymia (Myokemia) which just happens with some but is found alot in MS. So...why not TM? I found a good definition of the MS encyclopedia site.

It's a wormlike rippling or crawling affect that can be seen. Feels like fluttering or spasming.
I have it.
Kewanee

Postby crewmaya7 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:00 pm

I have wicked bad eye twitches that drive me nuts and then everyone can see when I am talking to them (and always point out of course). It started with the eyelid and is now the muscles under my eye on the inside. It definitely can be worse when I'm tired and stressed, but other times happens for no reason. Of course this symptom is more annoying than anything else, but it really makes me self-conscious. It only happens on the left side (where my TM injury is) and never on the right, making me think it was all connected. I don't take any meds currently. If anyone has a solution it would be great to hear :)
crewmaya7

Return to Muscle Spasms, weakness or paralysis