Political leader with Transverse Myelitis back to work

discuss news articles about people living with myelitis

Moderators: marieke, jlubin

Political leader with Transverse Myelitis back to work

Postby Rox » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:29 am

APC’s Leader Lavished with Praises by SLPP’s Parliamentary Leader
Jun 11, 2010

The substantive Minority Leader representing the Sierra Leone People Party (SLPP) in Parliament, Hon. Momoh Pujeh who had been out of the country for several months receiving medical attention only to return home sick in a wheelchair, was yesterday Thursday 10th June 2010 presented once again to the House of Parliament by the Honourable Speaker of Parliament Justice Abel Stronge.

Speaking to colleagues with high enthusiasm in the house, Hon Momoh Pujeh, the Opposition Parliamentary Leader started his words of enthusiasm by giving deep heartfelt thanks to the Ruling Party’s Leader, His Excellency President Ernest Bai Koroma for what he said was a tremendous support to him throughout his illness and for facilitating for him to be given assistance whilst he was out of the country seeking medical care.

Hon. Momoh Pujeh, to the shock of many people in the gallery who mumbled in amazement, confessed that though he is a strong member in the opposition Sierra Leone People Party (SLPP), he will not be ashamed to start his words by lavishing praises on the head of the Ruling APC’s Leader.

He also expressed thanks to God Almighty.

"I am humbled to be back home and also to occupy the seat of Minority Leader. Even though I was suffering from an illness called Transverse myelitis, the main thing right now is that I am feeling strong and kicking" the elected representative stated.

Later on in his speech, he congratulated the SLPP for keeping the flame burning noting that in a democratic state it is only the opposition party that is needed to keep the ruling party on their toes.

"Through the power of the Almighty, I am going to ensure that under my capacity, things are done within the law of the land," SLPP’s Minority Leader promised.

In his Welcome Address, the Majority Leader in Parliament, Hon S.B.B. Dumbuya expressed on behalf of his APC colleagues that, they are not only excited to have Hon. Momoh Pujeh back in their midst, but as a formerly missing political head, he was much needed in Parliament to help to resolve critical issue that would lead to the sustainability of democracy in Sierra Leone.

Hon. Dumbuya used the occasion to call on all members of parliament to cooperate with each other as to enable the development of Sierra Leone.

http://news.sl/drwebsite/publish/articl ... 5582.shtml
Rox

Return to Myelitis in the News