Newbie needing some support

involves multiple episodes of demyelinating attacks of the optic nerve. There is no brain or spinal cord involvement.

Moderators: marieke, jlubin

Newbie needing some support

Postby uzziwozzi » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:35 am

Hi there,

I've not been very fortunate and have had Optic neuritis, with varying acuteness 3 times since September 2005. My latest episode started up yesterday with the tell tale signs as if something was "there" in my field of vision.

I have partially lost sight in the lower field of my right eye. I'm determined that this will pass soon and that my vision will return to 20/20 in the upcoming weeks/month.

As usual, my doctor couldn't advise me any further and will be writing to my neurologist, so more tests in the upcoming months I guess.

My condition is quite mild. The first time it happened the pain was unbearable, I couldn't look up or down and my vision was completely gone, as if someone had put a snowball on my eye.

The second time it happened in my other eye, not so bad, 3rd was very little vision impairment. But now, it's worse than the last time it happened.

Had 2 MRI scans, white dots were found but not to be MS or leading towards it.

I'm not a TM sufferer but thought that it might be good to converse with others who may have had ON more than once. Hope someone can help with what other things I should be done to help get my vision back, or what not to do (keep out of sun I heard!)
uzziwozzi

Re: Newbie needing some support

Postby doctormyeyes » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:52 pm

Hi uzzi:
Please see your private messages.
doctormyeyes

Return to Recurrent Optic Neuritis