6yr old Destiny and ADEM

involves demyelination in the spinal cord and in the brain. The demyelination in the brain is different than a demyelinating attack from MS; the lesions are scattered and do not appear in the same pattern as those from an MS attack.

Moderators: marieke, jlubin

6yr old Destiny and ADEM

Postby BROOKE » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:52 pm

What a nightmare this has been. 2/5/10 Destiny was admitted in the hospital. Today 2/12/10 she was released. They say she has ADEM. Its just very scarey and it seems they let her go home to early. Also shes on the steroids which they are doing 12 day taper...it seems to soon to take her off the prednisone. Not compfortable with what their doing, getting a 2nd opinion asap. I didn't even want to leave the hospital but I feel like they kinda kicked us out. Sad, maybe it was insurance issues? She did improve though. Last night (thursday night) she walked for the first time and shes doing alot better with her verbal skills. I'm not writting much at this moment, very tired but I just wanted to share that I was worried and maybe with what little I posted for now, maybe someone has a little insight on this?? Should I feel like they did enough? They do want her for physical therapy 3 days a week... :-ss
BROOKE

Re: 6yr old Destiny and ADEM

Postby BROOKE » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:52 pm

And thank you soooo much Sandy for all your help and concern. Without talking to you I feel I would of been WAY more in the dark, your awesome!!! I love this site already :x
BROOKE

Return to Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM)