CCSVI Procedure update.

Information and discussion about this treatment

Moderators: marieke, jlubin

CCSVI Procedure update.

Postby bchambers » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:21 pm

Hi All

I thought I would take the time and Update on my procedure, I caught a nasty upper respiratory infection the day after the procedure and between that and being sore from the ballooning I have been feeling pretty bad, Boy if it's not one thing it's another, This is what my IR Dr McGuckin found during the Venoplasty.

Right Jugular vein valve had fused valve leaflets causing an 80% blockage of the Vein with many collatural veins trying to bring blood back up and through my Brain trying to find a way to get the Bood back to my Heart

Left Jugular vein Valve was too small for the Jugular vein, My Dr said the Valve was about the size of a ten year old boys, Meaning it never grew right with the vein causing an 50% stenosis of the left Jugular

Azygous vein which runs behind the Heart and drains the blood from the Spinal cord had a 50% stenosis on the upper curve of the Vein and an 40% stenosis on the lower part of the vein.

Iliac vein had a 50% stenosis, This vein drains the bottom of the Spinal cord and runs into the left Leg.

Dr Mcguckin feels that the Iliac and Azygous veins being blocked explains the elevated pressure in my CSF fluid that my Neuro found when he did the Spinal tap the Day I was DXed with TM, Interesting but not proven so take it for what you will.

Improvements so far have been better eyesight, Clearer head, More energy, The hypersensitivity in my legs is better, Weakness in my left leg is better, Bladder urgency is better, Numbness in my legs and left arm is slightly better.

Hopefully I will feel even better after I get rid of the chest cold.

One more thing!, I have had more recovery in 5 days than I have had in the last year, This procedure is something I think everybody should look into, Get Educated about and make up your own mind to pursue or not, I just know it was the right decision for me.

Brian
Its not about the disability, Its about the ability
Diagnosed with T.M. May 7th, 2009
Diagnosed with M.S. October 26th 2009
Diagnosed with CCSVI August 30th 2010
bchambers

Re: CCSVI Procedure update.

Postby Sew » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:27 am

Brian,
I have been wondering how you made out with your procedure.
Sorry to hear about your cold. Hope it goes away very very soon.
Glad to hear your update. Keep us posted if it gets better when you are over the cold.
Heather
When given lemons, make lemonade!
Heather in Calgary
Keep smiling :)
TM since Sept. 06, 2003
Sew
Site Moderator

Postby marieblond » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:53 am

for those who are so blind as me: cerebrospinal fluid [abbr.: CSF] [anat.] B-) B-)

hi Brian, you are solid as a rock.... I wait for your improvement of cold as well and the infos how you will getting better by CCSVI.

I had today a craniosacrale treatment. I find soooooooo great. I could fly and smile and embarasse whole world. Half an hour for a so good day. And free of charge, because it was within my actuel 10-ticket for PT. Try it as well.

Kind greetings from my cold cold Germany!!! to LA!!!

Marie
That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche
marieblond

Postby Shirley » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:35 pm

Good morning Brian, Heather and Marie,
Great news, Brian, that you are feeling much better physically, ableit the cold...I've had one for 3 weeks,amd finally went to the doc's last friday, she said I have probably got a sinus infection. Anyway I've held off the antibiotics and I think I'm winning. I shall pack them just in case.
Thank god the fatigue is addressed with the Venoplasty, with all that energy, you'll be positively dangerous.!!!!!!

:ymblushing:
Keep well

Shirley

TM since 2003 - 90% recovered
Shirley
Site Moderator

Postby bchambers » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:58 pm

Hi all

Well it's been 3 weeks so I thought I would update.

My chest cold is finally gone and I am feeling much better, I can say that I am not where I was hoping to be as far as Improvements from the procedure, Don't get me wrong I am still having great Improvements and am so thankful to have had this procedure, But It's not a fix all, My Improvement's are still coming but it;s going to take a lot of hard work to get back as much as I can.

The Hypersensitivity in my legs is 90% gone
Numbness in legs and left arm continues to improve
Burning nerve pain in right leg and feet continues to improve
Vision improvements come and go, Can't explain that one!
Fatigue and mood is much improved. ( according to my wife )
Endurance and breathing are improved
Dizzyness and vertigo are gone
Bladder urgency is Improved
The biggest improvement was the return of dreaming, When I would fall asleep I would not remember anything until I woke up in the morning and my wife says my snoring was really bad and would keep her awake, Now I am having High definition dreams and can remember most of them, My wife says my snoring is much better also.

So all in all I am looking forward to seeing what happens in the future.

Thanks
Brian
Its not about the disability, Its about the ability
Diagnosed with T.M. May 7th, 2009
Diagnosed with M.S. October 26th 2009
Diagnosed with CCSVI August 30th 2010
bchambers

Postby marieblond » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:03 am

Hi dear, when my husband would read this, tomorrow I had to leave for CCSVI because I am the best snoozer before god allone. The worst in combination with Gaba -and this came only with gaba - I speak during dreams. Sometimes I get it clear- yess - it´s me what is speaking now...

Can this terrible structure of our venous system be grown or is it a genetic defect, that brings so nice things as TM and/or MS? If you could ask for me!!!

I am rather good, it is summer and have only the minimum of disturbing clothing... Yesterday was few hours to zoopark - it was so nice to meet my friends with fure. Have made own photos - but this is from the net: I love them so much: http://fotos.piqs.de/b/4/3/4/f/eee68d09 ... 6b134f.jpg

Marion
That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche
marieblond

Postby Sew » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:45 am

Brian,
Good to hear there are so many improvements.
I'll be hoping for more to come.
Heather
When given lemons, make lemonade!
Heather in Calgary
Keep smiling :)
TM since Sept. 06, 2003
Sew
Site Moderator

Postby Helevitia » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi Brian,

This is good news and I'm very happy to hear of your improvements :) Please keep posting and telling us of any changes, good or bad. Cheers!
Everyone experiences pain, but suffering is optional
TM since 7-6-1993 (Age 21) - Effected from above the nipple line.
I also have Advanced Degenerative Discs (T9-T12) and some degeneration in my neck (C5/C6)
Helevitia

Postby Hev » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:18 am

Hi Brian,

It's good to read your posts and see how much you have improved. I understand that the gains aren't as great as you'd like but hopefully over time and, as you say, with hard work, you will get more back.

Your comment about your eyesight is interesting - my eyesight is worse intermittently. I have worn glasses to read the small print and for sewing for about three years and my sight is slowly deteriorating as I might expect. However, I definitely find it harder to focus at times on print and writing which at other times I can easily read. Does everyone who wears glasses find this? Maybe I should get an eye test!

Keep posting, please; hearing about CCSVI from someone who has undergone it is really interesting and helpful to any of us who are considering it. Thank you.

Take care,

Heather
TM since Oct 2006
Hev

Postby Shirley » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:34 am

Hey Brian and Heather,
Great to hear from you both. Heather, it was such a delight tp spend a day with you whilst I was in the UK, thank you so much for travelling over to Matt's house. I had a fab time, but alas am back home to reality, at least the nights are cooler here.
Brian, good to hear things are plodding along, at least things are no worse!!
Keep well

Shirley

TM since 2003 - 90% recovered
Shirley
Site Moderator

Return to CCSVI/Liberation Treatment